Monday 21 September 1942US date format: 9/21/1942, UK date format: 21/9/1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 21, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include U-Roy and Ann Elder in Cleveland.
Flying Tigers, directed by David Miller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 September 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1942!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1942 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- U-Roy : Jamaican singer-songwriter and DJ.
- Ann Elder: Cleveland, Ohio -- Comedienne (Smothers...
- Ann Elder in Cleveland: Ohio, USA; comedienne (Smothers Brothers...
- Patrice Cahart: French official, the director of the...
- Karen Tweedy-Holmes: American photographer, she works...
- Sam McDowell: American baseball player.
- 116 hostages executed by Nazis in Paris
- The American B-29 Stratofortress makes its maiden flight.
- The B-29 Superfortress makes its maiden flight.
- In Poland, at the end of Yom Kippur, Germans order Jews to permanently evacuate Konstantynow and move to the Ghetto in Bia?a Podlaska, established to assemble Jews from seven nearby towns, including Janow Podlaski, Rossosz and Terespol.
- In Dunaivtsi, Ukraine, Nazis murder 2,588 Jews.