Friday 4 August 1911
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Edna Christy and Draper Kauffman.
Die Ballhaus-Anna, directed by Walter Schmidthssler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Iron Woman by Margaret Deland was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1911!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1911 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- It's Got to be Someone I Love - Ada Jones & Walter Van Brunt
- King of the Bungaloos - Gene Greene
- Let Me Live and Stay in Dixieland - Charles King & Elizabeth Brice
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?