Tuesday 4 March 1913
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John H Fremlin and John Garfield.
Hiawatha, directed by Hilde Hadges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1913!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1913 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- John H Fremlin: English nuclear physicist (d. 1995).
- John Garfield: American actor who played in 31 films from 1938-1951.
- Taos Amrouche: Algerian singer and author (d. 1976).
- 1st US law regulating the shooting of migratory birds passed
- Woodrow Wilson inaugurated as 28th President.
- The US Mint releases the Indian Head nickel to circulation.
- Department of Commerce and Labor split into separate departments.
- New York Yankees are first to train outside US (Bermuda).
- First Balkan War: The Greek army engages the Turks at Bizani, resulting in victory two days later.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1913 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- A Little Girl at Home - Harry Macdonough & Marguerite Dunlap
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?