Saturday 4 January 1913
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Malietoa Tanumafili II and Manuel Andujar.
L'orrida meta, directed by Ubaldo Pittei, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
while V.V.'s Eyes by Henry Sydnor Harrison was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1913!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1913 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Malietoa Tanumafili II: Sovereign Ruler of Samoa (d. 2007).
- Manuel Andujar: Spanish novelist, playwright, poet and essayist.
- Malietoa Tanumafili: Samoan ruler (d. 2007).
- Alfred von Schlieffen: Prussian General-field marshal, dies at 79.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1913 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Ada Jones - Row! Row! Row!
- Ghost of the Violin - Walter Van Brunt & Maurice Burkhardt
- Oh! Oh! Delphine - Billy Murray
- Where the Edelweiss is Blooming - Lyric Quartet
- Venus on Earth Waltz - Sousa's Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1913?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?