Sunday 4 July 1943, US Independence DayUS date format: 7/4/1943, UK date format: 4/7/1943
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 4, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Geraldo Rivera and Fred Wesley.
Best Foot Forward, directed by Edward Buzzell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 July 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 1943!
Which were the important events of 4 July 1943 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
- Geraldo Rivera: American talk show host, journalist and attorney.
- Fred Wesley
- Geraldo Rivera in New York City: New York, USA; news personality (20/20, Geraldo).
- Konrad ''Conny'' Bauer: German musician.
- Alan ''Blind Owl'' Wilson: American musician (d. 1970).
- Milan Macala: Czech football coach.
- Kurtwood Smith: Actor.
- Alan Wilson: American musician nicknamed "Blind Owl," he was noted for his boogie-blues rock sound on guitar and in his vocals.
- Conny Bauer: German trombonist.
- Emerson Boozer: NFL running back (New York Jets)/sportscaster.
- Adam Hart-Davis: English historian author and photographer.
- Guy Avril: French phytotherapist, aroma therapist, author and astrologer.
- Al "Blind Owl" Wilson: Rock guitarist / vocalist (Canned Heat).
- Wladyslaw Sikorski: General / Prime Minister of Poland in exile (1939-43), dies at 62.