Tuesday 20 July 1943US date format: 7/20/1943, UK date format: 20/7/1943
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 20, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Chris Amon and Wendy Richard.
This Is the Army, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 July 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1943!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1943 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Chris Amon: New Zealand race car driver.
- Wendy Richard: English actress and singer (d. 2009).
- Carolyne Barry: American actress and dancer.
- Thomas J. Sargent: Economist.
- Adrian Păunescu: Romanian poet journalist and politician (d. 2010).
- Bob McNab: English footballer.
- Adrian Paunescu: Romanian poet, journalist, and politician (d. 2010).
- Joint Chiefs of Staff question Admiral Nimitz (landing Gilbert Island)