Saturday 10 July 1943
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jerry Miller and Arthur Ashe.
The Falcon in Danger, directed by William Clemens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while So Little Time by John P. Marquand was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 July 1943!
Which were the important events of 10 July 1943 ?
- Mauritania - Armed Forces Day
- Bahamas - Independence Day
- Silence Day - celebrated by followers of Meher Baba
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Bralu Diena observed
- Jerry Miller: Tacoma, Washington -- Rock guitarist (Moby Grape).
- Arthur Ashe: American tennis champ, the first black athlete to win a major tennis championship in the U.S.
- Steve Blake: American astrologer, one of the founders of Astrolabe.
- Gavin Strang: Scottish politician, a Labour Prime Minister returned at General Election 6/11/1987.
- Arthur Finlay Nevin: Composer, dies at 72.
- US and Britain invade Sicily in WWII (Operation Husky)
- (0245 hours) Operation Husky begins, with an Allied invasion of Sicily. Four British divisions of the British 8th Army under General Sir Bernard Montgomery land on a 40-mile stretch on the southeast corner around Syracuse and Cape Passero. Four American divisions of the United States 7th Army under Lieutenant-General George Patton land on a 40-mile front to the west, around Scaglitti, Gela, and Licata.
- World War II: The launching of Operation Husky begins the Italian Campaign.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?