Wednesday 4 August 1943US date format: 8/4/1943, UK date format: 4/8/1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 4, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Laura Biagiotti and Georgina Hale.
Silver Spurs, directed by Joseph Kane, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 August 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1943!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1943 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Georgina Hale: British actress of stage, film and TV, often cast in loud, abrasive roles.
- Laura Biagiotti: Italian designer, awarded the Woman of the Year award in 1992 and recipient of other awards from her native Italy.
- Tina Cole: American actress and singer, she is a member of the King Family Singers.
- Michael J McCulley in San Diego: California, USA; Commander US Navy/astronaut (STS-34).
- Tina Cole in Hollywood: California, USA; singer (King Cousins), actress (Katie - My Three Sons).
- Vicente Alberto Alvarez Areces: Spanish politician.
- Steven Millhauser: Novelist.
- Vicente Areces: Spanish politician 6th President of the Principality of Asturias.
- Barbara Saß-Viehweger: German politician lawyer and civil law notary.
- Bjørn Wirkola: Norwegian ski jumper and footballer.
- Bj?rn Wirkola: Norwegian ski jumper.
- David Carr: Rock keyboardist (Fortunes Leyton, London).
- Rodney Stuart: Pattison; British yachtsman (Olympics-gold-1968).
- British Premier Churchill travels on the Queen Mary to Canada
- Russian units reach suburbs of Orel
- USAF bombs Germans in Troina
- WWII: The ''USS Intrepid (CV-11)'' is launched.
- WWII: John F. Kennedy and crew are found by Solomon Islanders coastwatchers Biuku Gasa and Eroni Kumana with their dugout canoe.
- Women's Air Force Service Pilots (WASP) formed consolidating the WAFS and WFTD.