Thursday 8 July 1943
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Faye Wattleton .
For Whom the Bell Tolls, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1943!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1943 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- Faye Wattleton: St. Louis, Missouri -- Sociologist / President (Planned Parenthood).
- 4th day of battle at Kursk: General Model uses last tank reserve
- British air raid sinks U-232
- NSB-leader A Mussert meets with Heinrich Himmler
- US invasion fleet passes Bizerta Tunisia
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 July 1943
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?