Wednesday 28 July 1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mike Bloomfield and Bill Bradley.
This Is the Army, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 1943!
Which were the important events of 28 July 1943 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
- Mike Bloomfield: American musician, an important guitarist in American rock'n'roll who played with the biggies from the time he was 15.
- Bill Bradley: American politician, a former basketball star.
- Daniel Poulou
- Richard Wright: English singer-songwriter and keyboard player (Pink Floyd) (d. 2008).
- Bill Bradley in Crystal City: Missouri, USA; basketball player (New York Knicks), politician (Senator-Democrat-New Jersey), Rhodes scholar.
- Lawrence Elkins: football player FL (Houston Oilers).
- Finis Conner: American merchandise marketer and CEO of Conner Peripherals, a PC disk drive company that specializes in keeping electronics small and fast.
- President Franklin Roosevelt announces end of coffee rationing in the US.
- Italian Facist dictator Benito Mussolini resigns.
- World War II: Operation Gomorrah : The British bomb Hamburg causing a firestorm that kills 42,000 German civilians.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?