Sunday 11 July 1943US date format: 7/11/1943, UK date format: 11/7/1943
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 11, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michèle Barzach and René Préval.
For Whom the Bell Tolls, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 July 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1943!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1943 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Michèle Barzach
- René Préval
- Susan Seaforth Hayes
- Susan Hayes: American actress who is one of daytime TV's most popular superstars, as well as being an excellent actress.
- Rolf Stommelen
- Oscar D'León: Venezuelan bass player (Dimensión Latina).
- Arthur Ashe: Athlete.
- Tom Holland: American actor director and screenwriter.
- Peter Jensen: co-inventer (loud speaker), dies at age 75.
- Robert Malval: Haitian businessman and politician 5th Prime Minister of Haiti.
- Howard Gardner: American psychologist and academic.
- Susan Seaforth Hayes in San Francisco: California, USA; actress (Days of Our Lives, The Young and the Restless).
- Oscar D'Leon: Venezuelan musician.
- Counter attack by Hermann Goering Armour division in Sicily
- US 45th Division occupies airport Comiso Sicily
- US 82nd Airborne division shot at, by friendly fire in Sicily
- World War II: Allied invasion of Sicily : German and Italian troops launch a counter-attack on Allied forces in Sicily.
- Massacres of Poles in Volhynia.