Sunday 18 July 1943
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robin MacDonald and Richard Mogey.
Stormy Weather, directed by Andrew Stone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while The Human Comedy by William Saroyan was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 July 1943!
Which were the important events of 18 July 1943 ?
- Uruguay - Constitution Day
- Robin MacDonald
- Richard Mogey: American executive director of the Foundation for the Study of Cycles that was established in 1941, a think-tank that records every conceivable kind of cycle for correlative studies.
- Bobby Sherman in Santa Monica: California, USA; singer ("Shindig", "Here Comes Brides").
- Karsten Kröncke: German astrologer and advocate of the Hamburg School of Astrology.
- Joseph Ellis: American historian and author.
- Robin McDonald: Scotland, United Kingdom -- Rock guitarist (Billy J Kramer & Dakotas).
- Calvin Peete: Detroit, Michigan -- PGA golfer (1979 Greater Milwaukee Open).
- British assault on Catania Sicily
- Giants and Phillies strand record 30 baserunners, New York wins, 10-6
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?