Tuesday 1 June 1926
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marilyn Monroe and Andy Griffith.
The Boob, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 June 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1926!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1926 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Marilyn Monroe: American actress, model, and singer, who became a major sex symbol, starring in a number of commercially successful motion pictures during the 1950s and early 1960s.
- Andy Griffith: American film, stage, TV actor and gospel recording artist.
- Richard Schweiker: American politician, U.S.
- Phillip Burton
- Andy Griffith in Mount Airy: North Carolina, USA; actor (Andy Griffith Show, Matlock).
- Phil Burton: American politician, considered by colleagues to be the most powerful and arrogant member of the U.S.
- Vasily Mikhaylovich Metallov: Composer, dies at 64.
- Ignacy Mocicki elected President of Poland
- The Sesqui-Centennial International Exposition opens in Philadelphia.