Friday 25 June 1926
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre "Peyo" Culliford and Margaret Anstee.
Faces of Children, directed by Jacques Feyder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while Gentlemen Prefer Blondes by Anita Loos was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 June 1926!
Which were the important events of 25 June 1926 ?
- Pierre "Peyo" Culliford: Brussels, Belgium -- Cartoonist (Smurfs).
- Margaret Anstee: English diplomat, administrator and writer; Under-Secretary-General of the United Nations.
- Ingeborg Bachmann: Austrian Austrian poet and author.
- Francis Priola: French gangster, known as "Le Niçois" and "La Balafre" (The Scar), involved in the nightclub scene in the Pigalle area of Paris.
- Kep Enderby: Australian lawyer judge and politician 23rd Attorney-General for Australia (d. 2015).
- Symon Petljoera: President Ukraine (pogroms), murdered in Paris.
- 61st British Golf Open: Bobby Jones shoots a 291 at Royal Lytham
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- A Night of Love - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- Sleepy Head - Ford & Glenn
- This Means Nothing to Me - Irene Bordoni
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?