Monday 14 June 1926
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hermann Kant and Gabriele Cagliari.
Hintertreppe, directed by Leopold Jessner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while Beau Sabreur by P.C. Wren was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 June 1926!
Which were the important events of 14 June 1926 ?
- Flag Day (United States)
- Liberation Day (Falkland Islands)
- International Weblogger's Day ? Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world
- World Blood Donor Day  ? Celebration of blood donation on the birthdate of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered ABO blood groups
- Roman Empire ? eighth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Mother's Day (Afghanistan)
- United States: Birthday of the U.S. Army
- Hermann Kant: German author.
- Gabriele Cagliari: Italian business executive, chairman of a major corporation.
- Don Newcombe: American baseball player.
- Mary Cassatt: American artist of the Impressionist school, famous for warm and affectionate mother-and-child studies done in a bright and original manner.
- 2nd French Womens Tennis: Suzanne Lenglen beats Mary K Browne (61 60)
- Brazil leaves the League of Nations
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Horses - George Olsen & His Orchestra
- Song of the Flame - Vincent Lopez & His Orchestra
- Cossack Love Song - Ipana Troubadors
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?