Wednesday 23 June 1926
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Hess and Lars Johan Werle.
Faces of Children, directed by Jacques Feyder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while The Hounds of Spring by Sylvia Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 1926!
Which were the important events of 23 June 1926 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
- Lars Johan Werle: Composer.
- Jacques Hess: French jazz bass player, critic and historian.
- Carlos Melendez Chaverri: Costa Rican historian.
- Arnaldo Pomodoro: Italian artist, metal sculptor, noted family, brother of metal sculptor Gio Pomodoro.
- Lawson Soulsby: Baron Soulsby of Swaffham Prior English microbiologist and parasitologist.
- Viktor Vasnetsov: Russian painter and illustrator (d. 1926).
- 8th government of Briand van France forms
- The College Board administers the first SAT exam.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- This Means Nothing to Me - Irene Bordoni
- Sleepy Head - Ford & Glenn
- A Night of Love - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?