Friday 18 June 1926
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Patricia Hutchinson and Allan Sandage.
Hintertreppe, directed by Leopold Jessner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while Gentlemen Prefer Blondes by Anita Loos was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 June 1926!
Which were the important events of 18 June 1926 ?
- Seychelles - National Day.
- Brazil - Chemist's Day.
- Father's Day, US, UK, Chile (2006).
- Autistic Pride Day, beginning in 2005.
- Patricia Hutchinson: British ambassador (Uruguay).
- Allan Sandage: American astronomer and scientist who developed the theory of a continually expanding and contracting universe.
- Tom Wicker: American writer, a journalist and novelist, who made his reputation as a newspaper columnist with his coverage of the death of President John F. Kennedy for the New York Times.
- Philip Crosby: American businessman and author (d. 2001).
- Theodor Lessing laid-off because he is a Jew in Hanover
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Horses - George Olsen & His Orchestra
- Song of the Flame - Vincent Lopez & His Orchestra
- Cossack Love Song - Ipana Troubadors
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?