Friday 18 June 1926
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Wicker and Patricia Hutchinson.
Ice Cold Cocos, directed by Del Lord, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 June 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 June 1926!
Which were the important events of 18 June 1926 ?
- Seychelles - National Day.
- Brazil - Chemist's Day.
- Father's Day, US, UK, Chile (2006).
- Autistic Pride Day, beginning in 2005.
- Tom Wicker: American writer, a journalist and novelist, who made his reputation as a newspaper columnist with his coverage of the death of President John F. Kennedy for the New York Times.
- Patricia Hutchinson: British ambassador (Uruguay).
- Allan Sandage: American astronomer and scientist who developed the theory of a continually expanding and contracting universe.
- Philip Crosby: American businessman and author (d. 2001).
- Theodor Lessing laid-off because he is a Jew in Hanover
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- This Means Nothing to Me - Irene Bordoni
- Sleepy Head - Ford & Glenn
- A Night of Love - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra