Saturday 19 June 1926
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gian Feltrinelli and Anneliese Rothenberger.
The Road to Mandalay, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while The Hounds of Spring by Sylvia Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 1926!
Which were the important events of 19 June 1926 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
- Gian Feltrinelli: Italian publisher and editor, the owner and president of Giangiacomo Feltrinelli Editore.
- Anneliese Rothenberger: Anneliese Rothenberger (19 June 1924 – 24 May 2010) was a German operatic soprano who had an active international performance career which spanned from 1943 to 1983.
- DeFord Bailey is the first African-American to perform on Nashville's Grand Ole Opry.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- A Night of Love - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- Sleepy Head - Ford & Glenn
- This Means Nothing to Me - Irene Bordoni
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?