Monday 28 June 1926
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mel Brooks and Giuseppe Dordoni.
The Son of the Sheik, directed by George Fitzmaurice, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 June 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1926!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1926 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Mel Brooks: American film director, screenwriter, comedian, actor, producer, composer and songwriter.
- Giuseppe Dordoni: Italian field and track star, the winner of a Gold Medal in the 50k walk at the Helsinki Olympics.
- Robert Shelton Shapiro: Journalist.
- Warren Phillips: American executive and CEO in charge of Dow Jones Reports.
- Jean-Paul DéRon: St Cast Le Guildo Journalist.
- Mitsugi Ohno: Japanese glassblower (d. 1999).
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I've Found a New Baby - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Jean Goldkette & His Orchestra - Sorry and Blue