Monday 4 June 1928
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ruth Westheimer and Antônio Ermírio de Moraes.
The Lodger: A Story of the London Fog, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while The Greene Murder Case by S. S. Van Dine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 June 1928!
Which were the important events of 4 June 1928 ?
- Feast day of St Francis Caracciolo.
- Feast day of Saint Petrock of Cornwall.
- United States - Pentecost in 2006
- Hong Kong - Tiananmen Square Protest of 1989 memorial day.
- Finland - National flag day of the Finnish Defence Forces (on Mannerheim's birthday).
- Tonga - National Day.
- International Innocent Child Abuse Victim Day.
- Ruth Westheimer: German-American psychosexual therapist known as Dr. Ruth.
- Antônio Ermírio de Moraes
- Edmo Fenoglio: Italian film director; debut 1955 at the Piccolo Theater of Geneva and on TV with a Gastone Tanzi thriller.
- Jean Bornard: French trade unionist, who served as the chairman of the French Confederation of Christian Workers (French: Confédération française des travailleurs chrétiens, CFTC) - one of the five major French confederations of trade unions, belonging to the social Christian tradition.
- Zhang Zuolin: Chinese warlord (Born 1873).
- President of the Republic of China Zhang Zuolin is assassinated by Japanese agents.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?