Wednesday 4 April 1928US date format: 4/4/1928, UK date format: 4/4/1928
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 4, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Maya Angelou and Jimmy Logan.
Across to Singapore, directed by William Nigh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 April 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 April 1928!
Which were the important events of 4 April 1928 ?
- Blessed Alice (d. 1105)
- Saint Hildebert of Ghent (died 752)
- Lesotho - Heroes' Day
- Taiwan and Hong Kong - Children's Day
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- World Rat Day
- Saint Isidore of Seville, patron saint of the internauts
- International Day for Landmine Awareness and Assistance
- Maya Angelou: American performing artist and prolific writer, a poet and autobiographer, author of over 12 best-selling books, and much-loved American sage.
- Jimmy Logan: Scottish actor director and producer (d. 2001).
- Monty Norman: English singer-songwriter and producer.
- Paul Rosenblatt: United States federal judge.
- Bill Ryan: Brooklyn, New York -- Newscaster (Smithsonian).
- Estelle Harris: American actress.
- Maya Angelou [Marguerite Johnson] in Saint Louis: Missouri; poet (I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings), actress (Nyo - Roots).
- Bill Ryan in Brooklyn: New York, USA; newscaster (Smithsonian).