Wednesday 4 April 1928
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bill Ryan and Maya Angelou [Marguerite Johnson] in Saint Louis.
Street Angel, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while Swan Song by John Galsworth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 April 1928!
Which were the important events of 4 April 1928 ?
- Blessed Alice (d. 1105)
- Saint Hildebert of Ghent (died 752)
- Lesotho - Heroes' Day
- Taiwan and Hong Kong - Children's Day
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- World Rat Day
- Saint Isidore of Seville, patron saint of the internauts
- International Day for Landmine Awareness and Assistance
- Bill Ryan: Brooklyn, New York -- Newscaster (Smithsonian).
- Maya Angelou [Marguerite Johnson] in Saint Louis: Missouri; poet (I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings), actress (Nyo - Roots).
- Bill Ryan in Brooklyn: New York, USA; newscaster (Smithsonian).
- Maya Angelou: American performing artist and prolific writer, a poet and autobiographer, author of over 12 best-selling books, and much-loved American sage.
- Paul Rosenblatt: United States federal judge.
- Estelle Harris: American actress
- Jimmy Logan: Scottish actor director and producer (d. 2001)
- Monty Norman: English singer-songwriter and producer
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?