Friday October 04, 1918
US date format: 10/4/1918, UK date format: 4/10/1918
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 4, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was David Lloyd George (Liberal), Pope Benedict XV was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Giovanni Cheli and Kenichi Fukui.
Huns and Hyphens, directed by Larry Semon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 04, 1918?
- Musical Sometime with Mae West premieres in New York City
- An explosion kills more than 100 and destroys the T.A. Gillespie Company Shell Loading Plant in Sayreville, New Jersey. Fires and explosions continue for three days forcing massive evacuations and spreading ordnance over a wide area, pieces of which were still being found in 2007.
- Wilhelm II of Germany forms a new more liberal government to sue for peace.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 04, 1918?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Henry Burr & Albert Campbell - After You've Gone
- Helen Clark - One for All and All for One