Thursday 4 September 1919
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Eugene Kennedy and Howard Morris.
Der Herr der Liebe, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while The Desert of Wheat by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 September 1919!
Which were the important events of 4 September 1919 ?
- Eugene Kennedy: American professor of biological chemistry.
- Howard Morris: American actor director and screenwriter (d. 2005).
- 39th US Mens Tennis: William M Johnston beats Wm T Tilden (64 64 63)
- British intervene in Petrograd
- Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, who founded the Republic of Turkey, gathers a congress in Sivas to make decisions as to the future of Anatolia and Thrace.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1919 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Dear Little Boy of Mine - Will Oakland
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?