Thursday 5 April 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 5, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dallas Page and Diamond Dallas Page.
In UK The Poor People Of Paris by Winifred Atwell was in the top 5 hits.
The Man in the Gray Flannel Suit, directed by Nunnally Johnson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while What I Think by Adlai E. Stevenson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Double Cross.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 April 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 April 1956!
Which were the important events of 5 April 1956 ?
- Saint Geeraard
- The last day of the tax year in the United Kingdom.
- Blessed Kreszentia Hoess
- Saint Vincent Ferrer
- Arbor Day in South Korea
- Qingming Festival in the Chinese calendar
- Mauritius: Ougadi.
- Saint Irena (d. 304)
- Dallas Page
- Diamond Dallas Page: American professional wrestler.
- Anthony Horowitz: English Author.
- Reid Ribble: Politician.
- Dwight Hicks: American football player and actor.
- Fidel Castro declares himself at war with the President of Cuba.
- In Sri Lanka, the Mahajana Eksath Peramuna win the general elections in a landslide and S.W.R.D. Bandaranaike is sworn in as the Prime Minister.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1956 ?
Top #5 songs in the UK
- The Poor People Of Paris - Winifred Atwell
- The Dreamweavers - It's Almost Tomorrow
- Kay Starr - Rock And Roll Waltz
- The Hilltoppers - Only You
- Dave King With The Keynotes - Memories Are Made Of This
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?