Saturday 5 July 1941
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Barbara Frischmuth and Alexandrina Comaneci.
Sergeant York, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while The Sun Is My Undoing by Marguerite Steen was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching CBS Television Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 July 1941!
Which were the important events of 5 July 1941 ?
- Isle of Man: Tynwald Day (1266).
- Venezuela: Independence Day (1811).
- Algeria: Independence Day (1962).
- Cape Verde: Independence Day (1975).
- Church of the SubGenius: X-Day (1998).
- Armenia: Constitution Day (1995)
- Czech Republic and Slovakia: Arrival of Saints Cyril and Methodius in Great Moravia (around 863).
- Barbara Frischmuth: Writer.
- Alexandrina Comaneci: Romanian mother of noted gymnast, Nadia Comaneci.
- Epeli Nailatikau: Fijian chief President of Fiji.
- Oskar Fried: Composer, dies at 69.
- German occupiers disband political parties
- World War II: German troops reach the Dnieper River.
- July 31: War is fought between Peru and Ecuador.
- WWII: American forces take over the defense of Iceland from the British.
- WWII: German troops take over Estonia from the Soviets.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?