Wednesday 20 August 1941
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Slobodan Milosevic and Jacques Cheminade.
The Little Foxes, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while Oliver Wiswell by Kenneth Roberts was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1941!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 20 August 1941 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Slobodan Milosevic: Serbian Communist Party bureaucrat called "the Butcher of the Balkans" for his efforts toward "ethnic cleansing.
- Jacques Cheminade: French political activist.
- Rich Brooks: American football player and coach.
- Dave Brock: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Hawkwind).
- Anne Evans: English soprano and actress.
- William Gray: American lawyer and politician (d. 2013).
- Slobodan Milošević: Serbian lawyer and politician 1st President of Serbia (d. 2006).
- Robin Oakley: English journalist and author.
- Jo Ramírez: Mexican race car driver and manager.
- William H Gray III in Baton Rouge: Louisiana, USA; American politician (Representative-Democrat-Pennsylvania, 1978-).
- Jo Ramirez: Mexican motor racing team manager and author.
- Police raid 11th district of Paris, takes 4,000+ Jewish males
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?