Saturday 16 August 1941
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 16, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Dickinson and Paul Hecht.
Peer Gynt, directed by David Bradley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching CBS Television Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 August 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 August 1941!
Which were the important events of 16 August 1941 ?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
- David Dickinson
- Paul Hecht
- Theoneste Bagosora: Rwandan army officer and alleged war criminal.
- George Sherman: American operations expert and CEO in charge of Danaher Corporation, a diverse company manufacturing gas pump equipment, drill chucks, tool boxes and varying other hardware.
- Théoneste Bagosora: Rwandan soldier.
- HMS Mercury, Royal Navy Signals School and Combined Signals School opens at Leydene, near Petersfield, Hampshire, England.