Thursday 14 August 1941
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Connie Smith in Elkhart and David Crosby.
The Little Foxes, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while Random Harvest by James Hilton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1941!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1941 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- Connie Smith in Elkhart: Indiana, USA; singer ("Dream Painter", "New Horizons").
- David Crosby: American musician who joined Roger McGuinn to form the nucleus of the "Jet Set," later called "The Beefeaters" and finally, "The Byrds," 1964.
- Lynne Cheney: American wife of Dick Cheney 32nd Second Lady of the United States.
- Atlantic Charter signed by FDR and Churchill
- US President Franklin Roosevelt and British Prime Minister Winston Churchill create the Atlantic Charter, the basis for their wartime alliance. They pledge that they seek to gain no territory, they desire no territory changes outside of the choices of people, they respect the right of people to choose their own form of government, and that sovereign rights are to be restored and self-government given to those forcibly deprived of it.
- World War II : Winston Churchill and Franklin D. Roosevelt sign the Atlantic Charter of war stating postwar aims.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?