Monday 11 August 1941
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 11, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Louis Beffa and Roland Cayrol.
Peer Gynt, directed by David Bradley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching CBS Television Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 August 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 1941!
Which were the important events of 11 August 1941 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
- Jean-Louis Beffa: French businessman.
- Roland Cayrol: French political scientist and author, who has written political fiction novels under the pseudonym of Jean Duchateau.
- Patricio Guzman: Director / actor (Cruz del Sur, Moon over Parador).
- Elizabeth Holtzman in Brooklyn: New York, USA; district attorney (Democrat-Representative-New York, Watergate Committee).
- Alla Kushnir: Russian Israeli chess player (d. 2013).
- FRD and Prime Minister Winston Churchill sign Atlantic Charter