Monday 5 August 1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 5, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Roman Gabriel and Alec Wildenstein.
Foreign Correspondent, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 August 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 1940!
Which were the important events of 5 August 1940 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
- Roman Gabriel: American football player.
- Alec Wildenstein: French billionaire, businessman, art dealer, racehorse owner, and breeder.
- Rick Huxley: English bass player (The Dave Clark Five) (d. 2013).
- Frederick A Cook: United States -- Explorer (North Pole), dies at 75.
- Acquaintance blows-up Zandvoortse synagouge
- World War II: the Soviet Union formally annexes Latvia.