Wednesday 6 August 1941
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Claude Étienne and Doris Ernestine Hays.
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, directed by Victor Fleming, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while The Keys of the Kingdom by A. J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1941!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 6 August 1941 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Jean-Claude Étienne
- Doris Ernestine Hays: Composer.
- Joseph Gonzales
- Lyle Berman: American businessman and poker player.
- Ray Culp: American baseball player.
- Andrew Green: Baron Green of Deddington English diplomat.
- Detroit pitcher Al Benton is 1st to collect 2 sacrifices in an inning
- Six-year-old Elaine Esposito goes to an appendix operation in Florida and lapses into a coma. She dies in 1978, still in a coma.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?