Thursday 28 August 1941
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 28, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Peter Plishka in Old Forge and Bernard Ebbers.
Ladies in Retirement, directed by Charles Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching CBS Television Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 August 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1941!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1941 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- Bernard Ebbers: Businessman.
- Paul Peter Plishka in Old Forge: Pennsylvania, USA; bass player (Bronx Botanical Gardens).
- Michael Craig-Martin: Irish painter and illustrator.
- Sybille de Selys Longchamps: Belgian mother of Delphine Boël.
- Toomas Leius: Estonian tennis player and coach.
- John Marshall: English drummer (Nucleus Soft Machine and Centipede).
- Paul Plishka: American opera singer.
- 8th NFL Chicago All-Star Game: Chi Bears 37, All-Stars 13 (98,203)
- WWII: The Soviets announce the destruction of the massive Dnieper River dam at Zaporozhye, to prevent its capture by the Germans.