Sunday 24 August 1941
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paola Pitagora and Ernest Wright Jr.
The Little Foxes, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while Random Harvest by James Hilton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 August 1941!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 24 August 1941 ?
- Liberia: Flag Day
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Bartholomew
- Roman festivals - first of the 3 days on which the mundus was opened
- Ukraine: National Holiday, independence from Russia (1991)
- Sierra Leone: President's Birthday
- Paola Pitagora
- Ernest Wright Jr: US rock vocalist (Imperials-So Much).
- Jean Plaskie: Belgium sport Champion.
- Alan Roberts: Professor of Zoology at the University of Bristol.
- WWII: A Luftwaffe bomb hits an Estonian steamer with 3,500 Soviet-mobilized Estonian men on board, killing 598 of them.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?