Thursday 5 December 1907
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 5, 1907). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Curt Knupfer and Per Høst.
Laughing Gas, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 December 1907
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 December 1907!
Which were the important events of 5 December 1907 ?
- Thailand - The King's Birthday, National Day, Father's Day
- Day of the Ninja
- Austria - Krampus
- Also see December 5 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - formerly: Saint Sabas
- Roman festivals - Faunalia celebrated in honor of Faunus (according to Horace, Odes 3.18)
- Belgium, the Netherlands and the UK - Saint Nicholas Eve (whom Dutch speakers call Sinterklaas, which became in other languages Santa Claus)
- Curt Knupfer: German astrologer, a Hamburg member of AFA, joined 12/07/1948.
- Lin Piau: Chinese politician.
- Per Høst: Norwegian zoologist, film producer, and non-fiction writer.
- Giuseppe Occhialini: Italian physicist (Born 1907).
- Lin Biao: Chinese general and politician 2nd Vice Premier of the People's Republic of China (d. 1971).