Sunday December 22, 1907
US date format: 12/22/1907, UK date format: 22/12/1907
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on December 22, 1907). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Peggy Ashcroft and Dame Peggy Ashcroft.
Tom Sawyer, directed by Don Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of December 22, 1907?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 22, 1907?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Ada Jones & Billy Murray - Be My Little Teddy Bear