Thursday 26 December 1907
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 26, 1907). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cab Calloway and Albert Gore Sr.
Laughing Gas, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 December 1907
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 December 1907!
Which were the important events of 26 December 1907 ?
- First day of Kwanzaa
- Australia - Proclamation Day (South Australian public holiday), for the foundation of the Australian state of South Australia on December 28, 1836 but commemorated on this day.
- Wrenboys celebrate Wren in Ireland
- Period of Ursids meteor shower ends about this day
- Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia - Tsunami Awareness Day/Tsunami Memorial (or Remembrance) Day
- Mandala Pooja at Sabarimala in Kerala, India
- First day of Junkanoo street parade in the Bahamas (the second day is on the New Year's Day)
- Wren day in Ireland and the Isle of Man.
- Boxing Day in the Commonwealth of Nations.
- The first day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- St. Stephen's Day, a public holiday in Catalonia, Croatia, Czech Republic, and the Republic of Ireland.
- R.C. Saints - Saint Stephen
- South Africa - Day of Goodwill, a public holiday
- Slovenia - Independence and Unity Day (1990)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1907 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Take Me Back to New York Town - Billy Murray
- Messiah: Every Valley Shall be Exalted - Harry Macdonough
- Two Blue Eyes (Two Little Baby Shoes) - Byron G. Harlan
- The Bully - May Irwin
- You've Got to Love Me a Lot - Ada Jones & Len Spencer