Thursday December 26, 1907
US date format: 12/26/1907, UK date format: 26/12/1907
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on December 26, 1907). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Albert Gore Sr and E Roelofs.
Jack of All Trades, directed by Harvey Glazer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of December 26, 1907?
- The first day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- First day of Kwanzaa
- Boxing Day in the Commonwealth of Nations.
- Australia - Proclamation Day (South Australian public holiday), for the foundation of the Australian state of South Australia on December 28, 1836 but commemorated on this day.
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 26, 1907?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Ada Jones & Len Spencer - You've Got to Love Me a Lot
- May Irwin - The Bully
- Byron G. Harlan - Two Blue Eyes (Two Little Baby Shoes)
- Harry Macdonough - Messiah: Every Valley Shall be Exalted
- Billy Murray - Take Me Back to New York Town