Saturday 21 December 1907
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 21, 1907). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Garmt Stuiveling .
Tom Sawyer, directed by Don Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 December 1907
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1907!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1907 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Garmt Stuiveling: Dutch literary (Poet in Love).
- Oskar Lassar German dermatologist (public baths): dies at age 58.
- Dutch government of De Master falls due to war budget.
- Santa María School massacre. In Chile soldiers fire at striking mineworkers gathered in the Santa María School in Iquique, over 2000 are killed.
- The ''Diamond Sūtra'', a woodblock printed Buddhist scripture dated 868, is discovered by Aurel Stein in the Mogao Caves in China it is ampquotthe earliest complete survival of a dated printed bookampquot.
- The triode thermionic amplifier invented by Lee DeForest, starting the development of electronics as a practical technology.
- The ''Autochrome Lumière'' is the first commercial color photography process.
- Peking to Paris motor race, won by Prince Scipione Borghese driving a 7 litre 35/45 hp Itala.
- The Moine Thrust Belt in Scotland is identified, one of the first to be discovered anywhere.