Friday December 13, 1907
US date format: 12/13/1907, UK date format: 13/12/1907
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see birth chart on December 13, 1907). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Christiane Bergé and Vinicio Sofia.
Ben Hur, directed by Sidney Olcott, Frank Oakes Rose, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of December 13, 1907?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- See more
- George Gunn scores 119 on Test debut versus Australia Sydney Cricket Ground.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 13, 1907?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Frank Stanley - Auld Lang Syne
- Harry Macdonough - My Dear