Friday 13 December 1907
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Christiane Bergé and Vinicio Sofia.
Laughing Gas, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 December 1907
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1907!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1907 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Christiane Bergé: French centenarian, progressive teacher and amateur vocalist (soprano), mother of entrepreneur and businessman Pierre Bergé.
- Vinicio Sofia: Italy Actor.
- Robert Canel: Belleville physician.
- George Gunn scores 119 on Test debut versus Australia Sydney Cricket Ground.
- German emperor Wilhelm II visits Amsterdam.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1907 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- My Dear - Harry Macdonough
- Auld Lang Syne - Frank Stanley