Friday 6 December 1907
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 6, 1907). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include William Barclay and Lin Biao.
Laughing Gas, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 December 1907
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1907!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1907 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- William Barclay: Theologian.
- Lin Biao: Politician.
- Giovanni Ferrari: Italian soccer/football player and team manager.
- Coal mine explosions in Monongah West Virginia, kills 361.
- A coal mine explosion at Monongah, West Virginia kills 362 workers.