Monday 23 December 1907
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 23, 1907). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James Roosevelt and Don McNeill.
Laughing Gas, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 December 1907
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1907!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1907 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- James Roosevelt: American politician and businessman from a notable political family, the eldest son of Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt.
- Don McNeill: Galena, Illinois -- Host ( TV Club).
- Manuel Lopes: Cape Verdean writer and poet (Born 1907).
- Avraham Stern: Polish-born Zionist leader (d. 1942).
- 1st all-steel passengar railroad coach completed, Altoona, Pennsylvania
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1907 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Take Me Back to New York Town - Billy Murray
- Messiah: Every Valley Shall be Exalted - Harry Macdonough
- Two Blue Eyes (Two Little Baby Shoes) - Byron G. Harlan
- The Bully - May Irwin
- You've Got to Love Me a Lot - Ada Jones & Len Spencer