Wednesday 25 December 1907, Christmas
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 25, 1907). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cab Calloway and Mike Mazurki.
Tom Sawyer, directed by Don Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 December 1907
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1907!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1907 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Cab Calloway: American bandleader (Born 1907).
- Mike Mazurki: Ukrainian-American wrestler and actor (d. 1990).
- Cab Calloway: American bandleader, singer and composer, known for his great "Minnie the Moocher.
- Andrew Cruickshank: Scottish classical actor of stage and screen with a London debut in "Othello," 1930.
- I. F. Stone: Journalist.
- Glenn McCarthy: American businessman founded the Shamrock Hotel (d. 1988).
- Robert Merget: Belgium Writer.
- Cab[ell] Calloway: Rochester -- Bandleader (Minnie the Moocha, Jazzball).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1907 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Take Me Back to New York Town - Billy Murray
- Messiah: Every Valley Shall be Exalted - Harry Macdonough
- Two Blue Eyes (Two Little Baby Shoes) - Byron G. Harlan
- The Bully - May Irwin
- You've Got to Love Me a Lot - Ada Jones & Len Spencer