Friday 27 December 1907
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Raoul Cléry and Willem van Otterloo.
Laughing Gas, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 December 1907
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1907!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1907 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Raoul Cléry
- Willem van Otterloo: Dutch conductor and composer (Born 1907).
- Emile de: Strijker Belgian philosopher.
- Conrad L Raiford: Goodwill Ambassador (d. 2002).
- Raoul Clery: French fencing champion; as an actor, he played adventure roles in historical films.
- Willem Otterloo: Dutch musician, composer and conductor.
- Willem Van Otterloo: Winterwijk, Holland -- Conductor (Melbourne 1967-71).
- Asaf Çelebi: Turkish poet (d. 1958).
- Sebastian Haffner: German journalist and author (Born 1907).
- Mary Howard: English author (d. 1991).
- Conrad Raiford: American baseball player and activist (d. 2002).
- Juan Sanchez Barrantes: Nicknamed El Indio Sanchez, he was a sculptor, painter, draftsman, musician, writer, poet and educator Costa Rica.
- Nils-Eric Ringbom: composer.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1907 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Take Me Back to New York Town - Billy Murray
- Messiah: Every Valley Shall be Exalted - Harry Macdonough
- Two Blue Eyes (Two Little Baby Shoes) - Byron G. Harlan
- The Bully - May Irwin
- You've Got to Love Me a Lot - Ada Jones & Len Spencer