Saturday December 28, 1907
US date format: 12/28/1907, UK date format: 28/12/1907
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on December 28, 1907). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Roman Palester and HSD Starnaman.
Jack of All Trades, directed by Harvey Glazer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of December 28, 1907?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 28, 1907?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Ada Jones & Len Spencer - You've Got to Love Me a Lot
- May Irwin - The Bully
- Byron G. Harlan - Two Blue Eyes (Two Little Baby Shoes)
- Harry Macdonough - Messiah: Every Valley Shall be Exalted
- Billy Murray - Take Me Back to New York Town