Saturday 5 January 1957
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 5, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Vincent Calloway and Kevin Hastings.
In UK Mary's Boy Child by Harry Belafonte was in the top 5 hits.
Between Heaven and Hell, directed by Richard Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Bible As History by Werner Keller was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching It's Up to You.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 January 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1957!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1957 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Vincent Calloway: Kentucky, United States -- Trumpet player (Midnight Star-No Parking).
- Kevin Hastings: Australian rugby player and trainer.
- Eisenhower asks Congress to send troops to the Mid East
- US President Dwight Eisenhower asks Congress to send troops to the Middle East.
- In a speech given to the United States Congress, President Dwight D. Eisenhower announces the establishment of what will later be called the Eisenhower Doctrine.
- Russell Endean becomes the first batsman to be dismissed for having ''handled the ball'' in test match cricket.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1957 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Harry Belafonte - Mary's Boy Child
- Singing The Blues - Tommy Steele & The Steelmen
- The Everly Brothers - Wake Up Little Susie
- Guy Mitchell - Singing The Blues
- Ma He's Making Eyes At Me - Johnny Otis & His Orchestra With Marie Adams
- The Green Door - Frankie Vaughan
- Malcolm Vaughan - St Therese Of The Roses
- Malcolm Vaughan - My Special Angel
- Paul Anka - I Love You Baby
- Just Walkin' In The Rain - Johnnie Ray
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?