Friday 5 January 2007
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Irreplaceable by Beyonce.
Children of Men, directed by Alfonso Cuarn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Santa Cruise by Mary Higgins Clark and Carol Higgins Clark was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vivir con 10.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword or Asura.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 2007!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 5 January 2007 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 05 January
- A bus bomb near the Sri Lankan town of Nittambuwa kills 5 and injures at least 30. The Sri Lankan government declares the Tamil Tigers responsible, but the rebel group denies involvement. (UPI)
- In the Canadian city of Vancouver, the roof of the world's largest air supported domed stadium, BC Place Stadium, is intentionally deflated due to a tear in a fabric panel. (Vancouver Sun)
- Alexander Litvinenko poisoning: Traces of polonium-210 have been found in a second restaurant in London. The Health Protection Agency had been monitoring the establishment in connection with the Alexander Litvinenko assassination. (BBC News)
- Team Canada wins its third straight gold medal at the IIHF world junior ice hockey championship with a 4-2 win over Russia on Friday in Leksand, Sweden. (CBC News)
- Four are injured in a coach crash in the French Alps. (BBC)
- Hitachi breaks the 1 terabyte barrier in hard disk drive capacity. (Bloomberg)
- Josefa Iloilo appoints Commodore Frank Bainimarama, the leader of the December 2006 coup d'état, as Prime Minister of Fiji. (BBC)
- United States President George W. Bush will nominate Zalmay Khalilzad, the U.S. ambassador to Iraq, to replace Alejandro Daniel Wolff as the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations. If Khalilzad is confirmed by the Senate, he will be the first Muslim to serve in the position, and he will continue to be the highest serving Muslim American official in the U.S. government. (USA Today)
- Australia beats England by ten wickets in the final Ashes cricket test match. The 5-0 series whitewash is only the second in history, the previous being in the 1920-1921 series. It is the final test match for Australian team members Shane Warne, Glenn McGrath and Justin Langer. (The Australian)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2007 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 5 January 2007
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Yeovil - Huddersfield : 3 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?