Wednesday 10 January 2007
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Irreplaceable by Beyonce.
In UK Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis was in the top 5 hits.
Children of Men, directed by Alfonso Cuarn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while You: On a Diet by Michael F. Roizen, Mehmet C. Oz was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Maria Bamford Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Buzz! Junior: Monster Rumble or Chase H.Q. 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 January 2007!
Which were the important events of 10 January 2007 ?
- Margaret Thatcher day in the Falkland Islands
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 10 January
- Bradford Washburn: American cartographer, explorer, mountaineer, photographer and director of the Boston Museum of Science for 40 years, Washburn was honored for mapping the highest peak of the planet, Mt.
- U.S. President George W. Bush announces a plan to station 21,500 additional troops in Iraq.
- Two Squirrel helicopters collide at RAF Ternhill in Shropshire, UK, killing one and injuring two others. (BBC News)
- Iranian news agency reports a UFO has crashed in the Kerman province. (Fars News Agency)
- Following the 2006 general election, Daniel Ortega becomes the new President of Nicaragua, replacing Enrique Bolaños. (CBS)
- India launches four satellites at a time with their PSLV-C7 rocket, including the SRE-1 test article, which will return to Earth in a test for a future Indian manned spaceflight program. (Reuters)
- The Tajik Parliament approves a Memorandum of Understanding between Tajikistan and Iran agreeing to begin a nuclear program with assistance from the Iranian government in building a power plant. Tajikistan is the second nation in Central Asia to pursue a nuclear program, the other being Kazakhstan. (IRNA)
- Sudan adopts a new currency the Sudanese pound replaces the Sudanese dinar. The change is part of reconciliation measures after the end of the Second Sudanese Civil War. (E Canada Now)
- Mirsad Bektašević, a 19-year-old Swedish citizen of Bosnian descent, is convicted of terrorism-related charges by a court in Sarajevo and sentenced to 15 years' imprisonment. (The Local)
- War in Somalia: Somali official says that a senior al-Qaeda suspect responsible for bombing U.S. embassies in East Africa eight years ago is possibly killed in a U.S. airstrike in the Battle of Ras Kamboni. (CBS)
- The Social Democratic Party of Austria, the future majority partner in the grand coalition government that will be sworn in in Austria on January 11, 2007, announces its future ministers. (Gulf Times)
- Start of the 12th ASEAN Summit and 2nd East Asia Summit in Metro Cebu, Philippines. Meetings involve heads of the 10 member states and 6 dialogue partners with major discussions on relevance, diplomacy, security, economy and free trade and other important global issues. (Philippine Daily Inquirer)
- A general strike starts in Guinea, with trade unions calling for pay rises, the return to jail of Mamadou Sylla and the resignation of President Lansana Conté. (BBC)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 January 2007
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love
- Leona Lewis - A Moment Like This
- T2 featuring Jodie Aysha - Heartbroken
- Eric Prydz vs Floyd - Proper Education
- Mika - Grace Kelly
- Take That - Rule The World
- Take That - Patience
- Timbaland featuring One Republic - Apologize
- U2 - Window In The Skies
- Just Jack - Starz In Their Eyes
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?