Wednesday 31 January 2007US date format: 1/31/2007, UK date format: 31/1/2007
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 31, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Irreplaceable by Beyonce.
In UK Grace Kelly by Mika was in the top 5 hits.
Goal II: Living the Dream, directed by Jaume Collet-Serra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Freakonomics by Steven D. Levitt, Stephen J. Dubner was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Parental Guidance.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Akinator or Akaneiro ni Somaru Saka.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 January 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 January 2007!
Which were the important events of 31 January 2007 ?
- Blessed Ludovica
- Saint Geminianus
- Saint Marcella
- Saint Pedro Nolasco
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Bosco, patron saint of educators, circus artists and magicians.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 31 January
- Delta Air Lines creditors officially reject US Airways' hostile takeover bid.
- The Mooninite scare occurs in Boston, Massachusetts, USA, when devices used in a guerrilla marketing campaign for the animated television series Aqua Teen Hunger Force are mistaken for improvised explosive devices.
- Suspects are arrested in Birmingham in the UK, accused of plotting the kidnap, holding and eventual beheading of a serving Muslim British soldier in Iraq.
- Lord Levy, The British Prime Minister Tony Blair's Middle East Envoy, and the Labour Party's chief fundraiser (or 'Lord Cashpoint') is arrested for a second time in the Cash for peerages investigation by John Yates of Scotland Yard. This time Levy is arrested on account of perverting the course of justice.
- French President Jacques Chirac, in an interview with the ''International Herald Tribune'', says that if the Government of Iran produces one or two nuclear weapons it will pose little danger to its neighbors. If Iran were to try to use a nuclear weapon against Israel, ampquotIt would not have gone off 200 meters into the atmosphere before Tehran would be razed to the ground.ampquot He later retracts his statements, saying he did not realize his comments were on the record. (International
- Ross Wilson, the Ambassador of the United States to Turkey, says the Bush administration opposes a bill in the United States Congress that will recognize the Armenian Genocide, which the United States Government does not recognize. (RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty)
- Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper is criticized after it is revealed that he described the Kyoto global warming protocol as a ampquotsocialist scheme to suck money out of wealth-producing nationsampquot in a 2002 letter. (CBC)
- India's TATA Steel buys steel giant Corus Group for £6.7 billion, making it the world's fifth largest steel manufacturer. (CNN) (Wikinews)
- Germany has ordered the arrest of 13 suspected CIA agents over the alleged kidnapping of Khalid El-Masri. (BBC)
- Archaeologists announce the excavation of the apparent village of the builders of Stonehenge, the largest Neolithic settlement discovered in Britain. (BBC) (Wikinews)
Sport Games on 31 January 2007
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Hamburg - Cottbus : 1 - 1
- Hannover - Hertha : 5 - 0
- Leverkusen - Werder Bremen : 0 - 2
- Mainz - Dortmund : 1 - 0
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Southampton - Sheffield Weds : 2 - 1
- West Brom - Plymouth : 2 - 1
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Bristol City - Cheltenham : 0 - 1
- Carlisle - Nott'm Forest : 1 - 0
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Bolton - Charlton : 1 - 1
- Chelsea - Blackburn : 3 - 0
- Man United - Watford : 4 - 0
- Newcastle - Aston Villa : 3 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Ciara - Promise
- Beyonce - Irreplaceable
- You - Lloyd Featuring Lil Wayne
- I Wanna Love You - Akon Featuring Snoop Dogg
- Omarion - Ice Box
- Runaway Love - Ludacris Featuring Mary J. Blige
- Robin Thicke - Lost Without U
- Jim Jones - We Fly High
- Make It Rain - Fat Joe Featuring Lil Wayne
- Poppin' - Chris Brown Featuring Jay Biz
Top #10 Latin songs
- Sola - Hector "El Father"
- Pam Pam - Wisin & Yandel
- Tu Recuerdo - Ricky Martin Featuring La Mari De Chambao Y Tommy Torres
- Bendita Tu Luz - Mana
- Tu Amor - Luis Fonsi
- Antes De Que Te Vayas - Marco Antonio Solis
- Shorty Shorty - Xtreme
- Beyonce - Irreemplazable
- Ser O Parecer - RBD
- Dime Quien Es - Los Rieleros del Norte
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Analysts say troubled suppliers have become attractive investments because they can be bought cheaply, demand for parts is growing and interest rates are low. [..]
Lawyers for victims of the Holocaust are giving up their fight for a larger payout of life insurance claims from an Italian insurance company. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $64.10
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $97.28
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $66.83
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $43.00
- 1 CAD = 1.0571 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9659 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9134 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.4444 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?