Tuesday 23 January 2007US date format: 1/23/2007, UK date format: 23/1/2007
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 23, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Irreplaceable by Beyonce.
In UK A Moment Like This by Leona Lewis was in the top 5 hits.
Broken English, directed by Zoe R. Cassavetes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Wild Fire by Nelson Demille was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Because I Said So.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cabela's Monster Bass or The Witcher.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 January 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 2007!
Which were the important events of 23 January 2007 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 January
- A rare eel-like creature identified as frilled shark is discovered in Japan by fisherman. (CNN)
- The United Nations Mission in Nepal is established through United Nations Security Council Resolution 1740 to monitor disarmament of the Communist Party of Nepal (Maoist) and preparations for the Nepalese Constituent Assembly election, 2007. (Nepal Monitor)
- Volodymyr Yelchenko, Ukraine's ambassador to Austria, is fired after he makes an unauthorized offer of a visa to Ukraine for exiled Turkmen opposition leader Hudaýberdi Ozarow. Ozarow and opposition leader Nurmuhammet Hanamow allegedly visited Kiev last week and met with Ukrainian Transportation Minister Mykola Rudkovskiy, but this has been denied by several officials. (RFE/RL)
- Israel's Ministry of Justice says it plans to charge Israeli President Moshe Katsav with rape and abuse of power. (Reuters)
- 2007 Guinean uprising: A heavy security presence is reported in the capital, Conakry, and other towns following Monday's clashes in which more than 30 people were killed. (BBC)
- Qiu Xiaohua, former head of China's National Bureau of Statistics, is expelled from the Communist Party of China for corruption charges. (Xinhua)
- One and Unified Revolt: Hezbollah-led protesters spark clashes with government loyalists in Lebanon, resulting in 3 deaths and 133 wounded. Opposition forces later call off the general strike they had held. (BBC)
- The Prime Minister of Australia, John Howard, reshuffles his Ministry with Joe Hockey and Malcolm Turnbull promoted to Cabinet and Amanda Vanstone losing her position. (ABC News Australia)
- Trade union leaders in Guinea are released and meet with President Lansana Conté as the general strike escalates. (BBC)
- War in Somalia: Ethiopia begins withdrawing troops from Mogadishu. (BBC)
- President of the United States George W. Bush delivers the 2007 State of the Union Address, in which he remains steadfast to his Iraq policies, but also reaches out to political opponents by proposing environmental and social reforms. (BBC)
Sport Games on 23 January 2007
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Burnley - Stoke : 0 - 1
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Crawley Town - Gravesend : 1 - 1
- Exeter - Weymouth : 4 - 0
- Forest Green - Aldershot : 3 - 0
- Grays - Dag and Red : 0 - 1
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Northampton - Millwall : 3 - 0
- Swansea - Gillingham : 2 - 0
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Watford - Blackburn : 2 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in January 2007?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Beyonce - Irreplaceable
- Ciara - Promise
- You - Lloyd Featuring Lil Wayne
- I Wanna Love You - Akon Featuring Snoop Dogg
- Jim Jones - We Fly High
- Make It Rain - Fat Joe Featuring Lil Wayne
- Poppin' - Chris Brown Featuring Jay Biz
- Throw Some D's - Rich Boy Featuring Polow Da Don
- Robin Thicke - Lost Without U
- Runaway Love - Ludacris Featuring Mary J. Blige
Top #10 Latin songs
- Bendita Tu Luz - Mana
- Pam Pam - Wisin & Yandel
- Tu Recuerdo - Ricky Martin Featuring La Mari De Chambao Y Tommy Torres
- Sola - Hector "El Father"
- Ser O Parecer - RBD
- Antes De Que Te Vayas - Marco Antonio Solis
- Dime Quien Es - Los Rieleros del Norte
- Chiquilla - A.B. Quintanilla III Presents Kumbia All Starz
- Dime (Tell Me) - Pitbull Featuring Frankie J & Ken-Y
- Beyonce - Irreemplazable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The Career Education Corporation said that the Education Department lifted a ban imposed in June 2005 that limited acquisitions and expansion. [..]
Greenlight Capital, the hedge fund, asked the Allied Capital Corporation in a letter yesterday to replace senior managers after the indictment of an executive at an affiliated company. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $64.26
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $94.10
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $65.20
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $41.99
- 1 CAD = 1.0521 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9844 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9353 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.4613 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?