Wednesday 17 January 2007US date format: 1/17/2007, UK date format: 17/1/2007
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 17, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Irreplaceable by Beyonce.
In UK A Moment Like This by Leona Lewis was in the top 5 hits.
Trade, directed by Marco Kreuzpaintner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Stalemate by Iris Johansen was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Taxi 0-22.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Boogie or Assassin's Creed.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 January 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 2007!
Which were the important events of 17 January 2007 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 January
- Yevhen Kushnaryov: Ukrainian politician (Born 1951).
- The Doomsday Clock is set to five minutes to midnight in response to North Korea nuclear testing.
- Protests occur in India and the United Kingdom against the British series of ''Celebrity Big Brother'', after Jade Goody, Danielle Lloyd and Jo O'Meara were allegedly racially abusive towards Bollywood star Shilpa Shetty.
- United States President George W. Bush announces that the NSA has ended its practice of warrantless wiretapping for domestic surveillance, and will go to the courts for warrants in the future. (CNN)
- Lieutenant-General Dan Halutz, the Chief of Staff of the Israeli Army, resigns while inquiries into the performance of the Israel Defense Forces in the action against Hezbollah continue. (BBC)
- Ali al-Sadig, spokesman for the Sudanese Foreign Ministry, accuses U.S. troops of raiding Sudan's defunct embassy in Iraq. The U.S. government denies that any raid took place. (CNN)
- U.S. television network NBC officially pulls out of the soap opera market by canceling ''Passions'', which is aired both domestically and internationally. NBC Universal Television president Jeff Zucker remarks that the network's other daytime drama, ''Days of our Lives'', is ampquotunlikely to continueampquot when its contract expires in 2009. (USA Today)
- The Philippine Army kills Abu Sulaiman, the leader of Abu Sayyaf, a terrorist organization affiliated with Al Qaeda that operates in the Philippines. (BBC)
- Four employees for the National Democratic Institute, a U.S. think tank, are killed when their convoy is ambushed in Baghdad. (Dow Jones Online)
- The minute hand on the Doomsday clock of the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists is moved to five minutes to midnight. (Bloomberg)
- Walter Forbes, the former chair of Cendant, is sentenced to twelve and a half years in jail and ordered to pay $3.28 billion in restitution for his role in the biggest accounting fraud in the 1990s. (Bloomberg)
Sport Games on 17 January 2007
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Paris SG - Toulouse : 0 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Beyonce - Irreplaceable
- Ciara - Promise
- You - Lloyd Featuring Lil Wayne
- I Wanna Love You - Akon Featuring Snoop Dogg
- Jim Jones - We Fly High
- My Love - Justin Timberlake Featuring T.I.
- Shortie Like Mine - Bow Wow Featuring Chris Brown & Johnta Austin
- Make It Rain - Fat Joe Featuring Lil Wayne
- Poppin' - Chris Brown Featuring Jay Biz
- Unk - Walk It Out
Top #10 Latin songs
- Bendita Tu Luz - Mana
- Tu Recuerdo - Ricky Martin Featuring La Mari De Chambao Y Tommy Torres
- Pam Pam - Wisin & Yandel
- Ser O Parecer - RBD
- Aventura - Los Infieles
- Dime Quien Es - Los Rieleros del Norte
- Sola - Hector "El Father"
- Antes De Que Te Vayas - Marco Antonio Solis
- Chiquilla - A.B. Quintanilla III Presents Kumbia All Starz
- Ni Una Sola Palabra - Paulina Rubio
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The EMI Group, which lost a copyright infringement lawsuit against Baidu.com, a Chinese Internet search site, will drop its appeal of the case and work with the company to win advertising by offering free online samples of its music. Baidu, based ... [..]
A former Millennium Partners mutual fund trader who pleaded guilty to improper trading in 2003 avoided a prison term after cooperating with a New York State investigation of the mutual fund industry. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $66.24
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $95.07
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $64.68
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $42.98
- 1 CAD = 1.0634 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9802 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9214 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.4565 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?