Wednesday 17 January 2007
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Irreplaceable by Beyonce.
In UK A Moment Like This by Leona Lewis was in the top 5 hits.
Children of Men, directed by Alfonso Cuarn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Next by Michael Crichton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Maria Bamford Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Chili Con Carnage or Arkadian Warriors.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 2007!
Which were the important events of 17 January 2007 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 January
- Yevhen Kushnaryov: Ukrainian politician (Born 1951).
- The Doomsday Clock is set to five minutes to midnight in response to North Korea nuclear testing.
- Protests occur in India and the United Kingdom against the British series of ''Celebrity Big Brother'', after Jade Goody, Danielle Lloyd and Jo O'Meara were allegedly racially abusive towards Bollywood star Shilpa Shetty.
- United States President George W. Bush announces that the NSA has ended its practice of warrantless wiretapping for domestic surveillance, and will go to the courts for warrants in the future. (CNN)
- Lieutenant-General Dan Halutz, the Chief of Staff of the Israeli Army, resigns while inquiries into the performance of the Israel Defense Forces in the action against Hezbollah continue. (BBC)
- Ali al-Sadig, spokesman for the Sudanese Foreign Ministry, accuses U.S. troops of raiding Sudan's defunct embassy in Iraq. The U.S. government denies that any raid took place. (CNN)
- U.S. television network NBC officially pulls out of the soap opera market by canceling ''Passions'', which is aired both domestically and internationally. NBC Universal Television president Jeff Zucker remarks that the network's other daytime drama, ''Days of our Lives'', is ampquotunlikely to continueampquot when its contract expires in 2009. (USA Today)
- The Philippine Army kills Abu Sulaiman, the leader of Abu Sayyaf, a terrorist organization affiliated with Al Qaeda that operates in the Philippines. (BBC)
- Four employees for the National Democratic Institute, a U.S. think tank, are killed when their convoy is ambushed in Baghdad. (Dow Jones Online)
- The minute hand on the Doomsday clock of the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists is moved to five minutes to midnight. (Bloomberg)
- Walter Forbes, the former chair of Cendant, is sentenced to twelve and a half years in jail and ordered to pay $3.28 billion in restitution for his role in the biggest accounting fraud in the 1990s. (Bloomberg)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 17 January 2007
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Paris SG - Toulouse : 0 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?