Friday 5 August 1910
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bruno Coquatrix and Jacquetta Hawker.
Distractions of Foolshead, directed by Not Specified, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 August 1910
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 1910!
Which were the important events of 5 August 1910 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
- Bruno Coquatrix: French entertainment producer, mainly known as the owner and manager of the Paris Olympia, Europe’s biggest music hall.
- Jacquetta Hawker: English archaeologist / author (A Country).
- Nan Gindele: US javelin thrower (World Record 1932-38).
- Jacques Huisman: Belgian actor and theatre director, who died in Brussels on 12 November 2001.
- [Johan] Erik Lindegren: Swedish poet / librettist (Aniara).
- Pierre Rebut: Brionne Military man.
- Herminio Masantonio: Argentinian footballer (d. 1956).
- Richard Nelkene: Morteau EXecutives.
- Wojciech Gawronski: Composer, dies at 42.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1910 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Ring O' Roses - Harry Macdonough & Lucy Isabelle Marsh
- I've Got a Pain in My Sawdust - Kitty Cheatham
- We Shall Meet Bye and Bye - Frank Stanley & Henry Burr
- Ave Maria - Frances Alda